If you are looking for historical independent baseball statistics then you should know that there are a few places which give different types of stats. Depending on the independent baseball league, there are certain websites which will give you the statistics you seek. This will include historical information for teams no longer operating.
You may want this information because you:
- may be a former independent baseball player
- want to confirm if a former player is telling you the truth about his statistics and/or status as an independent professional baseball player
- want to show your son’s statistics to family members and friends
- wish to track how a player did from season to season
- many other reasons
Unfortunately, not all leagues (especially the early ones in the mid-1990’s) had a centralized location for their statistics. You, therefore, may have to visit a few different sites to help you find what you want.
Here are your starting points for historical independent statistics:
- This post has a link to the “day-by-day” statistics for all minor league and independent baseball players starting from 1999. It does not include the 1993-1998 seasons. Note that the resource on this post is a third-party statistics service which may not have been used by every independent baseball team/league during a specific season. Nor does it guarantee that a particular team who used the statistics service that season either submitted stats for a particular game and/or ensured 100% accuracy. Nonetheless, the resource on this post is a great place to start when looking for a specific player’s statistics: http://independentbaseballalumni.com/blog/independent-baseball-teams/former-independent-baseball-teams/independent-baseball-player-statistics/
- This post lists a resource which has information on staff members, independent baseball league and team executives, historical champions, logos, and much more: http://independentbaseballalumni.com/blog/independent-baseball-leagues/former-independent-baseball-leagues/former-teams-and-their-staff-members/
- This resource has comprehensive statistics for the currently operating leagues: http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/; and it has information on folded/defunct teams within those leagues. For example a team no longer playing in the Frontier League is listed, but a team no longer playing in a folded league (e.g. the Great Central League) is not listed
- Some historical stats for the independent baseball leagues and teams from the 1993-1998 era can be found here: http://independentbaseballalumni.com/blog/independent-baseball-leagues/former-independent-baseball-leagues/stats-from-independent-baseballs-early-days/. Note that the statistics may not be comprehensive or even exist. There are announced attendance figures from that era as well as league/team/player anecdotes
- Here is another source for independent baseball statistics from 2003 to the present: http://independentbaseballalumni.com/blog/independent-baseball-leagues/former-independent-baseball-leagues/more-historical-independent-baseball-stats/
If you know of other objective online sources of independent baseball statistics, especially for the 1993-1998 seasons, then please leave a comment with a link to the specific source(s). Thank you in advance for any contributions!
There are several good books about the independent professional baseball leagues. You are welcome to see a list of suggestions through this link: Books Get notified of upcoming independent baseball tryouts from either of these services: first service or the second service. Prospective players can find some helpful resources here We will be providing a growing list of possibly helpful tips and suggestions on various baseball information. This will range from "how to" information about baseball skills all the way to helpful information for casual baseball fans. Please click the link for more information: Tips And How To Information