At the time of this blog post, there are several uncertainties about the 2010 independent professional baseball landscape. New teams will be playing in 2010, some previous teams will move to other locations, and possible travel teams from 2009 will not play in 2010.
As the landscape becomes more formalized in the coming weeks, this website’s page “tabs” (the pages which have links to teams, rosters, stats, etc.) will be updated with the new information.
Here are the announced changes for 2010:
- Rockford Riverhawks will play in the Northern League
- Lake County Fielders will play in the Northern League (Zion, IL)
- Normal, IL will have a team called the Cornbelters in the Frontier League
- The Golden League plans to have a team in Maui, HI
- The Continental League announced a team in Las Cruces, NM called the Las Cruces Vaqueros
- Uncertain if any teams with financial concerns will officially “fold”, go “dark”, or move to a new location
As new information becomes formal then it will be posted on this blog, with a later change being made to the pages listed near the top of the page.
There are several good books about the independent professional baseball leagues. You are welcome to see a list of suggestions through this link: Books Get notified of upcoming independent baseball tryouts from either of these services: first service or the second service. Prospective players can find some helpful resources here We will be providing a growing list of possibly helpful tips and suggestions on various baseball information. This will range from "how to" information about baseball skills all the way to helpful information for casual baseball fans. Please click the link for more information: Tips And How To Information